Thursday, November 02, 2006

Mike's 2nd Project Idea

For weeks I've had this image of a swirling sphere (representing the earth and the oneness or holisticness of culture in prehistory) that slowly gets pulled apart by (unseen?) hands and divided into various fixed forms,

If I could do claymation I probably would do so and have this 'primordial' orb or whatever pulled apart and shaped into various objects of life: sexes, races, classes (of people), etc. But I can't do claymation.

So, I had this second idea of making a codex of sorts but in the form of a "Business Plan for Mother Earth" powerpoint presentation. Here is a study sketch if you will of that idea (and here is a file with some early notes). It would start with the earth or a single, amorphous orb, that would be pulled into two (the crappy "sketch" on the first page of this powerpoint presentation is supposed to be the earth being split in two) sexes. The sexes would then be split into various colors etc. In other pages, the water of the earth would be removed from its shapeless oceanic form and poured into fixed-shape vessels (maybe coca cola bottles, who knows) etc. Other representations of separation would be the ridiculous/vulgar verses court/power culture, etc. The basic premise obviously is to create a visual representation (probably with a lot of tree structures) of divisions and power structures that evolved in civilization over time.

I'll return to the readings for visual inspirations. So, if you have thoughts, I'd love to hear them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home